Friday, 7 June 2013

Soon to be released!




The Uncanny Life of Polly



COMING  END JUNE 2013!





It's at the editing stage and in the hands of my lovely editor, Susan.
I'm so excited.  This is a new foray into the Chick-Lit genre for me and it also crosses into comedy.
I thoroughly enjoyed writing it and I know that will come across as you read it.  As a Brit, I am typically sarcastic and cheeky - well, perhaps more so than most people.  I've put that cheekiness into the book as I've told Polly's story.


Polly learns that she ought to be careful what she writes when her book starts to become real!
Hilarity, heartbreak, and havoc ensue by the bucket load!





Polly writes Chick Lit and her debut novel is a worldwide best seller.  
However, something strange starts to happen when she gets back from an international book tour.  Polly finds that instead of art imitating life, that her life starts to imitate art – or rather, her novel.
She arrives home to find her husband in the arms of the maid.  Wasn’t that in Chapter Three of her book Happily Ever After
Her best friend is having an affair with her husband, too, and is pregnant!  Isn’t that Chapter Four?
Then, she meets a bronzed Greek and embarks on a passionate love affair.  Wasn’t that in Chapter Seven? 
Will anyone believe that her life is mirroring her novel?
Can she prevent the ultimate tragedy or must the book play out, precisely as she wrote it, to the bitter end?
Her agent recommends that Polly go and live Happily Ever After on Fiji on the proceeds of her book, and keep away from drama!