Wednesday, 2 January 2013

New Year Message!


It's January 2nd 2013 and I am back from my Christmas break to wish you all a very happy New Year!

The end of 2012 was very hectic for me, the year was very hard for us personally, but in general brought about some wonderful blessings too.  Our family increased by one member as our 2nd grandson was born at the end of the year. I fulfilled one of my dreams by becoming an author last year too.  It was a crazy roller-coaster ride, I can tell you.  There is a lot of trial and error when publishing, but I managed to get through the minefield and I am a lot wiser to all the pitfalls and procedures.  Charlotte ~ Pride & Prejudice Continues has been a great success and my second novel Relative Deceit was a personal triumph.  I started that book about 10 years ago and never got round to finishing it.  Last year I did just that.  There is such a wonderful feeling that comes from finishing a long project like that.  Also, they are now out in paperback.  I am so chuffed that the two major high-street chains here in the UK, WHSmith and Waterstones, stock my books!  Also Charlotte ~ Pride & Prejudice Continues  was nominated for and won a B.R.A.G Medallion!  It's so wonderful to win an award for all your hard work and effort!  They're definitely 'happy-dance' moments!

This has been a year to remember. It was filled with a lot of tears, heartache, learning, personal growth, humility, and happiness in times of trouble. Although a good portion of the past year was a headache for us due to the global crisis hitting us in a very personal way, I can say there have been times of triumph and lots of laughter to dry  up the tears. I am blessed and touched to have made so many new friends around the world.

I have sold books just about everywhere from, Spain, Germany, Italy and France, to India and South Africa. I have connected with people from Canada, the USA, New Zealand, Australia and everywhere in between. As my good friend, Author Ginger Myrick, put it "It is amazing to me that the world is so vast yet these people, with such varying interests and backgrounds, can have so much in common and come together over something as simple as a story."

I would like to give you all my heartfelt thanks for your interest and support. You know that you all are the reason that I continue to write and without you readers, there would be no point.
I hope you have enjoyed my books and posts, and that I have helped you find something worth reading along the way.
Here's wishing you all the very best in the coming year. I look forward to bringing you more in 2013.  As the Americans say, when life throws you lemons, make lemonade! So no matter what, keep reading, keep smiling, keep loving and Happy 2013!
 xxx