Wednesday, 31 October 2012

November is National Novel Writing Month!

November is National Novel Writing Month!


Yep - NaNoWriMo time is upon us again.

I was persuaded by an author friend to give it a go this year.
I am not entirely sure this is a good idea though! ;-)

The goal is to write (no editing, all tatty and raw) a novel of 50,000 words or more and upload it to their website www.nanowrimo.org by midnight on 30th November!

Sounds easy, doesn't it?  
Pah!  That's an average of 1,666 words per day!  Including weekends... no rest for the wicked!


So, I have officially entered and here is my official word count to date...  

Well, of course it says 0 words!!  It's still October! ;-)

(But, if you keep an eye on it throughout November you will be able to see my live word count tally!)


All that's left for me to say is Happy Halloween.... and all the best to my fellow NaNoWriMo participants!

Wish me luck! :-)